Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beauty Queens and Back Bends

Savannah had quite a treat last week!  She was interviewed by former Miss Alabama 2007 for Channel 8 News, Montgomery.  The news station is doing a story on Savannah since she is the Junior Honoree for the Arthritis Foundation, Montgomery, this year.  Savannah answered all of their questions and didn’t seem scared at all!  Her dad and I were very proud of her.  They asked her what she didn’t like most about the disease.  She answered, “The pain.”  I caught a tear dripping from my husband’s eye on that answer.
Some things I still don’t realize after all these months...like how Savannah’s hand hurts when she holds a fork.  I noticed her stretching her fingers during dinner last night (something she does during most meals).  I said, “Savannah, why do you stretch your fingers against the edge of the table.”  She said, “Mama, my fingers hurt to hold a fork or spoon, like they hurt to hold a pencil.”  Why did I not realize this before now.
Simple tasks, that I take for granted...like holding a fork...are painful for Savannah.  Savannah got up twice in church yesterday because her back got so stiff.  She said she had to find a private room to do a “back bend” so she could loosen her back.  Whatever works.
Savannah does continue to see some improvements.  She is turning in her school work without getting too far behind.  Yea!  She was able to participate in “JUMP ROPE FOR HEART” at her school a week ago.   Though, she did have a noticeable limp the rest of the day, she still was able to jump!  We are thankful for any and all improvements, and we are thankful for your continued prayers.
Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment