Monday, January 14, 2013

"Playing with my bear...Just giving it an I.V."

I had to laugh to myself when I saw my daughter had said up a infusion station for her new teddy bear. Yes, most kids are playing "house" with their stuffed animals.  Savannah, she is the nurse tending to her bear's needs...an I.V. infusion, some band aids, etc.  Notice the "I.V. fluid bag" hanging from the lamp with it's tube/string running to the bears arm.  The bear even sports a medical bracelet.  A glipse into the life of a child with a chronic disease.  Thank goodness, she makes the best of it.  Who knows -Maybe she will be an infusion nurse one day!

2 comments:

  1. It’s good to hear that from you, Jenny! Despite Savannah’s condition, it's good that she’s still able to create a world of her own. A world that can help her live a happy, normal life like anyone her age should. I’m sure as well that she can be a good nurse in the future! :)

    Tim @a1ability.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim -Thank you for your comment. It means a lot. We have found a key to dealing with this illness is to not let it define who you are. Savannah's motto is to "do the best I can at the pace I can." Life is a precious gift. Thank you, again. -Jenny (Savannah's mom)

      Delete